Thorpe Bay Methodist Church
The turn of the century saw the start of the expansion of Thorpe Bay into a major residential area and provision was made for three sites to be available for the various churches.
On the 3rd November 1921, the Free Church was opened. This was the building that became the first Thorpe Bay Methodist Church.
In 1960 a new building was opened but it subsequently became apparent that the combined premises were not adequate for the needs of a steadily growing community.
So, in the 1970s, new plans were made and fundraising started which resulted in the development of a brand new building complex.
Further redevelopment of the hall (which was the old church) and other parts of the building started in 1994 and upon completion resembles near enough what Thorpe Bay Methodist Church looks like today in 2017.