A Short History of Our Church
The early 1900's saw the start of an expansion of Thorpe Bay into a major residential area and provision was made for three sites to be available for the various churches. On 3rd November, 1921, the Free Church was opened and this building, in time, was to become The Methodist Church in Thorpe Bay, otherwise currently known as Thorpe Bay Methodist Church.
In 1960 a new building was opened but it subsequently became apparent that the combined premises were not adequate for the needs of a steadily growing community.
In the 1970's, new plans were drawn up and fund-raising began which resulted in the development of a brand new building complex. Further development of the hall (which was the old church) and other parts of the building started in 1994 and upon completion in 1995 resulted in the church that we now know today.